The HIRMEOS project will organize, in the context of ELPUB 2019, a side-event: Shaping new ways to open the book, a workshop of the HIRMEOS project.
This workshop will be introduced by Associate Professor Lucy Montgomery and will take place on 2 June, 2019, at the ELPUB venue.
If you are interested in attending this workshop in addition to the ELPUB Conference, you can register here until 15 May, 2019. Please, note that this registration is only for the HIRMEOS workshop; if you want to attend the ELPUB Conference, you have to register here.
HIRMEOS Contact: Andrea Bertino (email@example.com)
After two and a half years, the HIRMEOS project is coming to its conclusion. We have tested and implemented innovative services and tools on five publishing platforms and we now want to explore what still needs to be done in order to support the dissemination of Open Access digital monographs.
In this workshop, organized in the context of the 23rd ELPUB Conference, we are going to discuss the development and future perspective of the scholarly monographs together with people who write, read and publish them.
We therefore invite Ph.D. students, postdocs and early-career researchers to give a presentation (15 minutes) on their own experiences, needs and wishes concerning the publication of Open Access monographs in the Humanities and Social Sciences. In particular, we would like to have presentations on the following topics:
- Topic 1: Not yet available services and tools which could increase the interest in publishing monographs in Open Access.
- Topic 2: Experiences with funding Open Access publications.
- Topic 3: Relevant aspects in choosing a publisher for the publication of a scholarly monograph.
- Topic 4: Publication’s reputation and certification of scientific quality.
- Topic 5: Role of Open Access metrics and alternative metrics data concerning monographs in the development of an academic career.
- Topic 6: Different strategies to increase the resonance of a monograph, expand the audience, create new communities and communicate with them.
The authors of the selected presentations will receive a travel grant and will be invited to participate in the ELPUB Conference.
The selection of the presentations is based on an abstract of 500 words. Please submit it together with a short biographical statement (no more than 100 words) before 15 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.